A Kentucky bourbon distillery was just given top honors by Tasting Panel Magazine for Distillery of the Year. Which company? How did they win?
Buffalo Trace out of Frankfort, KY was given the honors of being named Tasting Panel Magazine’s Distillery of the Year. This award was announced at the 2020 San Francisco World Spirits Competition.
Buffalo Trace spirits garnered a grand total of 18 medals and Best in Class Designation. These awards include: 5 Double Gold Medals, 4 Gold Medals, 6 Silver Medals, and 3 Bronze Medals. Their Eagle Rare 17 Year Old was given the title of Best Small Batch Bourbon 11 years and Older.
Over the years, Buffalo Trace has been given 1,000 awards and with that its popularity has grown. The distillery is now in Phase 2 of their expansion and that much closer to being able to produce more award-winning liquor.
Other awards from the 2020 San Francisco World Spirits Competition:
Double Gold medals went to
- Eagle Rare 17 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- William Larue Weller Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Straight American Rye Whiskey
- Stagg Jr. Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- Elmer T. Lee Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Bourbon
Gold medals were awarded to
- Colonel E.H. Taylor, Jr. Small Batch Bottled-in-Bond Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- Colonel E.H. Taylor, Jr. Single Barrel Bottled-in-Bond Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- Weller Special Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- Weller Full Proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon
Silver medal recipients were
- Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- Eagle Rare 10 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- George T. Stagg Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- Colonel E.H. Taylor, Jr. Bottled-in-Bond Straight American Rye Whiskey
- Weller CYPB (Craft Your Perfect Bourbon) Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- Weller 12 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon
Bronze medals went to
- Weller Antique 107 Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- Wheatley Vodka
- Buffalo Trace Distillery Bourbon Cream Liqueur
To advertise in Proof, call 859.361.4169