Bourbon lovers rejoice!
There is an opportunity for someone to have the chance to purchase a bottle of the very popular Pappy Van Winkle.
On Saturday, December 14, Liquor Barn in Bowling Green, Lexington (Beaumont and Hamburg), Louisville (Hurstbourne and Jefferson Mall), and Party Mart (Brownsboro and Springhurst) are hosting a lottery.
Wristbands for the lottery are being handed out at 7:30 am until 9 am local time. At 9:10 am the drawing will begin for someone to have the opportunity to PURCHASE a bottle of Pappy.
The selection consists of:
- Old Rip Van Winkle – 10 Year
- See a rich, copper color. Smell enticingly sweet, spicy, caramel-nut-fudge aromas. Enjoy a fruity, medium-to full-bodied palate with intense dried fruit and toasted nuts notes. Each sip finishes with a very long, bold wave of peppery brown spices, floral honey and charred barrel flavors that balance the weight of the alcohol. It’s a big, bold, aged bourbon that has great balance for its high proof and flavor.
- Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve – 15 Year
- See a hazy, copper color. Taste a rich, supple entry, leading to a decadent, huge, full-bodied palate with intense caramel, toffee and peppery brown spice flavors. Then, enjoy a finish with an extreme, long, complex, evolving fade of spice and wood notes. Experts deem it a seductive, exotic and virtually flawless bourbon.
- Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve – 20 Year
- See a dark amber and dark orange cast. This full-bodied bourbon is reminiscent of oiled leather, smoke, minerals, coffee and cigar boxes. Take in the endless ranges of aromatics and flavors. Enjoy the infinite finish.
- Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve – 23 Year
- See a deep amber red. Taste the various hints of caramel, ripe apples, cherries, oak wood and tobacco with a hint of chocolate. This bourbon finishes with a long-lasting and pleasant taste. Starts with a lot of wood flavors but leads to a nice sweet caramel finish.
- Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye – 13 Year
- See the deep, tawny, copper color. Smell the powerful caramel, spice, sweet-tobacco aromas. Enjoy a smooth, broad entry, leading to a medium-to full-bodied palate with sweet toffee, roasted nut and leather notes. Finish with a wave of white pepper, spice and long-lingering dried fruit flavors.
- Van Winkle Special Reserve – 12 Year Lot B
- See a brilliant, amber-orange color. Smell luscious, complex toffee. Taste a round, supple entry, leading to a dry, expansive, medium body. Enjoy notes of caramel, nuts, and brown spices with a lengthy, enveloping finish. It’s an outrageously smooth and decadent bourbon.
Wristbands are only to be distributed to the first 1,000 people in line. Participant must be 21 years or older to receive one. Having a wristband does NOT guarantee you a bottle due to limited quantity. Each person will receive one wristband and each winner will receive the opportunity to purchase one bottle.
To advertise in Proof, call 859.268.0945